Image HTML map generator

Monday, September 16, 2013

TRAVEL | bristol photo diary



First look at Bristol. 
















The infamous Skins Bench on top of Brandon Hill. It's a small hike up and very much worth the effort. Anyone who watches the show understands the significance of this space. It was really an amazing experience.




Climbed up the small spiral staircase for a view of Brandon Hill from Cabot Tower.  It offered a great 360 degree view of the city center.




Clifton Suspension Bridge.  Pack a lunch, grab a seat, and enjoy a spectacular view of Bristol. The bridge itself is already a sight to behold. My jaw just dropped to the ground when I first saw it in all it's glory. 








There isn't much to say about Bristol other than the fact I absolutely loved my stay there. I originally decided to visit Bristol on a whim, figuring it isn't too far from London and that it was possible to squeeze in a day or two of exploring before heading to Paris. All I knew of that city was that it was a University town (lots of students), and it was also the home of Skins, a show that has become very near and dear to my heart. Not quite knowing what I was going to do in Bristol for two days, I figured the best way to explore Bristol was to visit all the filming locations. I was pleasantly surprised at how compact Bristol was--everywhere I turned was another spot I recognized from the show. There was a lot of sappy fan-girl moments--but I couldn't help it! Seeing the bench on top of Brandon Hill really did it for me--it was really just too beautiful up there. I miss it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment