Image HTML map generator

Thursday, September 5, 2013

TRAVEL | arthur's seat

Hello from Edinburgh everyone! This is my first post overseas!

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not a 'early to bed, early to rise' type. However, jet lag allows me to be just that. I woke up at 5:30 this morning due to my internal clock going out whack and this gave me adequate time to prepare for my big feat of the day: climbing Arthur's seat. I grabbed a quick breakfast and set out around 7:30am.

Its embarrassing to say but it took me ages to get up to the top--I was surprised the sun hadn't started to set as I was making the climb. I think the last time I went hiking was over 15 years ago when my family and I used to to hike up the mountains every weekend in Sai Kung for our weekly picnics. That being said, its times like these when I am so grateful to be traveling alone. I don't think I could ever live down the shame of anyone finding out how out of shape I'm in. After about an hour and a half (maybe more, I'm not sure) of huffing and puffing I finally made it to the top and damn, the view was worth all the effort.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment