Image HTML map generator

Friday, June 13, 2014

PERSONAL | spottly photoshoot at nosh

Back in April, Spottly was prepping for a major rebranding before its official launch in May. And as part of the rebranding process we needed whole new set of photos and graphics for our website, blog, social media outlets, and other miscellaneous purposes. I was required to nail 3 different shots, each in a different location. This happened to be my first time shooting photos for something other than for personal use so I was a bit nervous in the beginning. I've also had no experience with food/object styling so it took a little while to get things going. Good thing my co-worker had a talent for mise en place, which helped the shoot run smoother.

Our first shooting location was at { NOSH Tai Ping Shan }, one of my favourite brunch/coffee spots in Hong Kong -- I actually featured it in my publications project for one of my classes. I have to say, the waiters/tress's working at NOSH are some of the most patient people I've ever met. Nobody said a word while I darted in and out of our little table nook for a better part of an hour in attempts to take the perfect shot. It took a long time to nail the final shot because our lack of props left us with very limited composition options. But all the work was worth it in the end because best part was getting to eat everything we ordered. :)

PS. A little note. Spottly is a social travel app you can use to document all your favourite spots in any city and organize them into convenient lists for sharing with friends (hence all the photos with the iphone). You can download Spottly in the iTunes app store { here }.



No comments:

Post a Comment