Image HTML map generator

Friday, May 17, 2013

PERSONAL | los angeles outing

Spring has gone and summer is here! For the past several weeks, we from the west coast have been getting a small taste of what this summer has to offer. To be honest, I'm not a fan of hot weather--my skin disagrees with it, my hair disagrees with it, and frankly, my wardrobe disagrees with it as well (pants, boots, scarves all the way!). This in turn makes me a total oddball amongst most Californians, for I rather stay in during the summer while others find any excuse to soak up some sun.

However, the best thing about this summer is that my sister, { Kelly }, has finally moved home and started her summer vacation. Having stuck in a dorm room for the last 9 months, Kelly really needed to get out there and live a little. Which is why { Moises } and I planned a full LA trip--complete with good eats!


First stop was { Proof Bakery }. I've had this place bookmarked for months now but never found a good time to go. This time I was determined to make it there to try their popular chocolate croissants. However, by the time we arrived (11am), the bakery had already sold out. I wasn't too surprised since it's common knowledge that pastries sell out--FAST but still, I was extremely disappointed. In the end I settled for a blackberry tart. It was delicious--it almost made up for my depressing croissant-less morning.

 

Next door was the lovely { Individual Medley Store } (which I've also been meaning to visit). Such a great place to shop for gifts. They also had a rad decorative motorcycle parked right up in front.





After exploring Silverlake a bit we swung by { Forage }. If you like organic, sustainable, delicious food, Forage is the place for you. I always pass by this place whenever I'm in Silverlake but never went in for lunch. I'm so glad we decided to try it out this time. Both Kelly and Moises ordered their pork belly sandwiches. I wasn't really feeling sandwiches that day so I got their protein + 2 sides option. Tri-tip steak with a side of barely, rice, kale, and roasted tomatoes, and roasted carrots, cauliflower and harissa. Hands down, best lunch I've had in a while. This place is totally going to make it to my  { LA favorites } list. I highly recommend it if you're in the Silverlake area. 




Also, I'll be flying off to Vancouver tomorrow night and staying for 5 days. Still not sure what I'll be up to but I figure I'll just wing it and take it easy for the first time. I always stress out way too much before a trip. I'll be bringing my laptop, so hopefully I'll be able to get some blogging done over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment