Image HTML map generator

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

TRAVEL | florence photo diary

I arrived in Florence in the early afternoon. The hostel I had originally planned to stay in was all booked on the first night so I had to lug my bags to a smaller hostel a few blocks down. The room small and more intimate that I have been used to in the past, but I had a larger shower space than I've had in weeks-- a definite bonus. The hostel was built in this run down old building in the heart of Florence's historic center--which makes it quite the ideal neighborhood if you're looking to visit David in the Academy Gallery or looking for a quick trip to the { Mercato Centrale di San Lorenzo(San Lorenzo market).

Leather stores galore in Firenze. If I wasn't so tight on money I probably would've walked away with a new bag or something of the sort. I had my eye on this beautiful ipad case made with supple, buttery leather, but I spent that money on pasta instead.


Famous Ponte vecchio, home to silversmiths and artisan jewelers of Firenze. I had to shuffle around amid crowds of people trying to get through to the other side. Surprising, considering it was off season for tourism. Needless to say, I avoided that bridge for the rest of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment