Image HTML map generator

Friday, December 6, 2013

PERSONAL | california laid back

Taking a quick break from editing photos from Europe to upload photos from yesterday's trip to Los Angeles. My Mum flew over from Hong Kong yesterday to stay with us for the next six months. It's neat because with her living halfway around the world, we don't get to celebrate the holidays together very often. And with all the changes happening in the next year (me moving to Hong Kong and Kelly applying for art school, perhaps, out of country), this might be the last time we will be celebrating Christmas as a family--at least for the next several years.

Anyways, yesterday morning Kelly and I decided to wake up early so we could spend the morning and afternoon in Downtown and Silverlake district before we headed over to LAX. It's funny because I never stray far from east Los Angeles on all my visits to the city. I've never had any plans to ever live in LA, but if I did, my days would look something along the lines of this.


Picked up some amazing pain au chocolat and a fresh baguette from my favorite bakery in Downtown. The croissants were to be enjoyed with breakfast, while the baguette was saved for dinner. I made ragù alla bolognese.




We ran into the sweetest, friendliest cat ever in Silverlake. Kelly was about this close to taking this little lady home. We're not sure if she's a stray, but if we didn't have the other two at home, I might've wanted to take her home myself as well.


We stopped at one of { my favorite lunch spots } (featured in my LA guide). Grilled Tri Tip with Caramelized Onion + Roasted Root Vegetables with Rosemary & Garlic + Spiced Cauliflower. I'm always trying to find new ideas for veggie side dishes to cook at home. The roasted root vegetables will be next on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment