Image HTML map generator

Friday, August 30, 2013

TRAVEL | see you soon shoreditch

 

I love Shoreditch. I'm looking forward to living in this neighborhood in next week. Known as the artistic hub of London, you can't turn a corner without running into a colourful piece of graffiti, a tiny vintage shop or a hipster art gallery. Since I stayed in North London on my last visit, it'll be interesting to see how East Londoners live. 


However, there's still much planning to be done. I count myself as being a wiz at packing (flying four times a year can do that to you) but even I'm having some trouble packing for my two month trip. Knowing that I'll be on the road and knowing that I will have to pack and repack every several days makes it clear that I only have room for the basic essentials so as not to weigh the suitcase down with unnecessary items--I learned my lesson in Paris last year, trudging my suitcase up 5 flights of stairs was no easy feat. Not to mention, there's a ton of knickknacks I'll have to bring, which can take up more space than you know, including: chargers, makeup bag, a padlock, an umbrella, outlet convertor etc. I won't even be bringing a thick coat for the cold. It'll probably be easier to buy a coat over there when the temperature drops and the cold becomes unbearable.

It's been pretty stressful, but this Eurotrip has been a long time coming--I started saving paycheck by paycheck since November and started planning early February. This trip will be the hardest I've ever traveled--I'll be (physically) pushing myself harder than I ever have before, it'll be the longest I've been away from home, and ultimately this is really my first big solo voyage (classic rite-of-passage amirite?). Am I scared out of my wits? Totally!!! But I've also never looked more forward to anything in my life!

T minus 3 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment