Image HTML map generator

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

VLOG | to gubin and back

Last week I took the week off from work for a nice 10 day holiday. While we re still in the middle of the pandemic that made choices for holiday destinations extremely limited. We were basically stuck in Germany and even then there were new lockdown measures added every day. In the end we decided not to leave Berlin and instead take a cycling day trip out to the edges of Brandenburg instead. We started at Frankfurt Oder and started cycling south towards Gubin, a city that sits right on the Polish and German border.

I tried my best to document as well as I could. This vlogging thing is pretty difficult and kind of intrusive to be honest, since I have to consider how to film and when it's the best time to whip out my phone for some footage. It definitely takes you out of the moment for a bit and can stress out the person being filmed, but I'm trying to get better at that. To be as low key as possible as well as making feel comfortable when the camera's on them are skills I still need to hone. But at the end of the day, the whole thing pays off because I have so many nice visuals to remind me of this special little trip. Hope to create a lot more when it's warm enough again to be outside.

As for the trip, in the end we managed to cycle close to 122km. The longest cycle trip I’ve ever done in one go (for Adam as well). Our legs felt like jelly towards on the train ride back but there was a definite air of accomplishment. Been talking to some friends about doing a cycling trip to Prague later this year. Hope it all works out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment