Image HTML map generator

Thursday, January 23, 2014

OUTFIT | mesh cowl



My first artist trade! This mesh cowl was handmade by the multitalented Melyssa Yanga of { la lune child } blog. I sent her a small customized pouch, similar to { this }, for my part of the exchange. If it currently weren't so cold in Hong Kong I'd probably be wearing this piece all the time. The cowl features a sort of 'cloak like' fluidity, making it a great summer staple--especially in the more humid climates. It also has a subtle drape in the front--which adds a touch of elegance--and a hood in the back.

Lately I've been very drawn towards transparent/mesh clothing because of their versatility and their play on showing too much skin but at the same time, not. I already own several mesh pieces including a dress from American Apparel and a black mesh crop top from Monki, both form fitting, so it's nice to finally own a top a little more free and flowing, which allows for different styling opportunities. In the warmer months I'll be wearing this cowl as shown above: crop tank tops and high waisted pants, possibly thrown over a dress, or over a swimsuit for days at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment