Image HTML map generator

Thursday, November 15, 2018

TRAVEL | postcards from paris

Paris in late summer and early fall is the best, the summer crowds have gone and the temperature is nice and cool. This was my first time in Paris with Roman and I've always wanted to show him around one of my favourite cities.




I found a tiny airbnb near Strasbourg - Saint-Denis. After staying in Montmartre on my last few visits to Paris I've always wanted to try staying in the 10th arrondissement. We also hit a lucky break as our place was only a 3 minute walk away from what is hands-down the { best breakfast spot } ever. Their lines are known to stretch all the way down the street so we really benefited from living right around the corner (we were 2nd in line on a Monday morning).

I also loved that we were within walking distance from Canal Saint-Martin. It's perfect place to sit under the sun.



I think in the four days we walked a total of almost 30km and cycled just as many. As Roman is a big cycler, we rarely visit a city without renting a bike. Paris by far as one of the worst bike sharing we've ever encountered though, nor is it the easiliest way to get around. Driving through Île de la Cité was an absolute nightmare I wouldn't recommend it.

I also visited a another friend from SCAD while I was in town. She moved to Paris from Hong Kong not long before I left left as well. It was nice to catch up over some coffee and beers.

--

After every trip to Paris I tell myself that maybe its time to put it aside so I can spend my savings traveling to places I haven't been before. But once I get home I immediately start planning for my next trip there. Looking to go in the Spring, and next time I'm going to bring a better lens :P

No comments:

Post a Comment