Image HTML map generator

Sunday, August 19, 2018

TRAVEL | collioure & cadaqués

I learned in art history that Collioure was the birthplace of Fauvism. I, as well as the Fauvists I reckon, was struck dumb by this tiny town's colourful facades. Just take a look at Matisse's Open Window or Les toits de Collioure--the crazy thing was that the colours in the painting were only little exaggerated.

The graphic designer in me was loving all the pinks, greens, and blues. My only regret is that I didn't take enough photos for "research". ;)







The next morning we bid France farewell and Roman drove us back to Spain and down the coast to Cadaqués. Before this holiday, I never thought I'd enjoy spending time at seaside towns so much. I always thought I was a city girl through-and-through, but now I have go have a think about my whole identity.

Cadaqués was not a easy town to get to. The one thing I couldn't stand about driving around in Spain was the endless winding roads. While Roman enjoyed all those hours on the road, I on the other hand always got a bit car sick...







No comments:

Post a Comment