Image HTML map generator

Saturday, February 24, 2018

TRAVEL | meet you halfway

Living in Europe is the best--everywhere is only a stone's throw away, which makes it so easy to visit friends who also live in the EU.

Linda and I have been friends for a few years but we haven't seen each other since 2015. I had planned to visit her in Gothenburg during { that Europe trip } but she, coincidentally, was interning at a company in Hong Kong. By the time I returned from my holiday, she completed her internship and had already gone back to Sweden.

Ever since I moved to Germany we often talked about visiting each other but we were never that proactive about it. That is, until two weeks ago when we spontaneously decided to meet up on the weekend. Problem was that tickets from Gothenburg-to-Berlin (and vice versa) were really expensive, so for us the next best option was... Denmark! It was such a whirlwind, she texted me on a Thursday and then we were in Copenhagen exploring the city that same weekend.











Copenhagen was so cold, but funnily enough still felt warmer than Berlin despite being further up north and closer to the ocean. Linda and I did a lot of walking on Saturday and Sunday but we really spent most of our time catching each other up on the last two years of our lives.

Best meal of our trip was at { Slurp Ramen Joint }. It started snowing heavily Sunday afternoon and Linda and I both decided noodle soup would be a good idea. The broth was incredible, so good we didn't say a word to each other the entire lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment