Image HTML map generator

Monday, January 29, 2018

TRAVEL | innsbruck day 1

First post of the new year, of the first trip of the new year!

Few weeks ago Roman planned a spontaneous ski trip to Austria for the weekend. Some people are capable of making plans on the fly but I am definitely not. We confirmed the trip on the tuesday, booked an (amazing) accommodation that same tuesday, packed our stuff and was in the car heading down south by thursday evening!

After a quick pit-stop thursday night in Nürmberg, we woke up bright and early Friday morning
and drove to Innsbruck, an Austrian university town near the Austrian/German border. Even though
we were taking a 4 day trip, I had only planned to ski one day, maybe two tops. So Friday and
Monday were technically working days for me. Therefore I just found a cafe that has wifi via google
maps, the boys dropped me off, and I had the whole day in Innsbruck to myself.

I've always thought Austria was among the most beautiful countries I've visited. I clearly remember
remarking how "everything is so green" out loud on a bus when I was traveling around Europe in 2013,
which resulted in a few weird glances my way as I'm sure people were wondering whether or not I've ever
seen trees in my life.






This is Grinzens. These photos didn't do the scenery justice at all. Snowy mountains are not
 something I'm used to seeing at all. Just image, these people living in this village gets views
like this every day. 





We cooked dinner on the first night. I made a salad with roasted vegetables while the guys cooked
spaghetti. Unfortunately the stove broke down halfway through cooking so we didn't get any pasta
and had a healthy veggie dinner instead. I did feel bad for the boys though, because I'm usually
starving after doing sports.

Last two images were the views from outside our apartment at 8am. I literally hopped out of bed to
see what the mountains looked like in the morning. The camera couldn't quite capture the subtle pink
glow of the morning sun hitting the mountain caps but I assure you, they were there and so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment