Image HTML map generator

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

TRAVEL | taling chan floating market

This was my first trip to Bangkok and if there was one thing my Dad insisted on that we check out, it was the floating markets of Thailand. The most famous of the bunch is Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, but it's a 1.5 hour drive out of the city and therefore not entirely worth the effort. So we settled for the next best thing, Taling Chan.

Compared to the other markets in the city, Taling Chan is considered one of the smallest. In fact, the market leading up to the river only stretched a couple hundred meters and when we got there, there were only a handful of boats. But I'm not complaining here, a smaller market means avoiding the big tourist crowd, which suited me just fine.

I loved watching the women cook pad thai or chop up papaya for papaya salad right on their little boats. The fruits and vegetables were so fresh and so colourful I could hardly believe my eyes.










No comments:

Post a Comment