Image HTML map generator

Saturday, April 1, 2017

BERLIN | markthalle neun

Earlier last month, my friend Jon suggested we take a trip to Kreuzberg's Markthalle Neun to take some photos. To be honest I kind of regret lugging out my heavy canon to Berlin this trip because it was harder than I thought to stay motivated when the weather is so cold (this is also why I barely have any photos from Sweden in 2015). But anyways, this was one of the times I did take it out for some shots.

So Jon and I went to the market on their famous Street Food Thursdays due to the promise of a full house and great food. We showed up around 5pm, making sure to arrive at that time when the market had just opened up their stalls but the regular 9-5 workers haven't clocked out for the day. One thing that both amazed and threw me off was the hospitality of all the shop owners at the market. I've had instances in other markets when shop owners would shoo me away when I'd try to take a photo. But not here, not one, but a few owners at Street Food Thursdays that actually welcomed us to take photos. On top of that they were nice enough to tell us a little about their wares, and one even opened up the case and set up his produce for us.

Amazing! Moments like this are really what makes me love Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment