Image HTML map generator

Sunday, January 15, 2017

THE COLLECTIVE | daniel werner


Dani is a guitarist, lyricist, and producer of the Munich based band Peak to Peak. Their music style can be described as alternative or indie rock and draws stylistic inspiration from bands such as Portugal. the Man. You can often find Peak to Peak playing both acoustically and electronically in clubs and festivals around Munich. 

How long have you been in Munich and what brought you here?

Two and a half years I think, and I came here for studies.

Who are some of your music inspirations?

Probably The Beatles the most. Especially John Lennon. But I started playing guitar though Nirvana though, they inspired me to start making music.



How would you describe your musical style?

Oh that’s a tough question for everyone who makes music. I’m just making music that I would like to listen to one day—which I feel like is missing in the current music area.


How do you go about writing your songs? What inspires your lyrics? 

Yeah well, I’m writing acoustically, and then I record a little demo of just the music without any singing. I try to figure out that the melody of what the singing could be like, and then I start writing lyrics. I try some words out to see which words could fit the best and sound cool and try to bring some meaning into it.



Can you tell me little about how Peak to Peak formed?

Well I’ve been music with other people, then I was producing, then I wanted to play live, so I tried to figure out how to find people that I wanted to play with. So I found this one guy on vocals, and Samu, who plays the drums. We played a few times together and it was all cool but the singer guy wasn’t too organized so we went separate ways. Then I found Jean about half a year ago in January. And ever since we made music together, like the three of us and it all fit in perfectly. He just came in and started singing the songs and in 5 minutes he could sing through the first few songs, so it wasn’t too complicated to work with.


Where did the name of your band come from?

We play acoustically and electrically, so acoustically, it must have been in the town where my parents come from. We played a pretty good gig there and people seemed to like it and electric-wise we played in Munich at 8 below and it was pretty good. People were dancing and cheering so it was fun.


Where’s your favorite place to go work on your music?

I don’t mind anywhere actually. It either I have the right people to work with or I’m in the right mood to work. But actually, its not the right mood—I just start working and good things just come along the way. If I work on it long enough, then I come up with something. I don’t believe in such thing as inspiration. Well, maybe a little bit but there’s no point in waiting for inspiration.



So what are some future plans for Peak to Peak?

Oh, I don’t know yet, but so far things are working well. I want us to get bigger of course. We want to take it slow, or maybe not, I don’t know. But we’ll release some songs for people to download, for free I think, and as long as people like it, the band will be just find. Most important thing is that people come to our gigs. So we just give people the songs for free and try to build a relationship with our audience.

Sounds good! Where can we find your music?

On the internet. on Soundcloud, we’ve got some links, posters on Facebook. We have some acoustic videos and some electric ones as well. We’re working on it—we don’t want to release too much in too short a time.

--

https://www.facebook.com/peaktopeakmusic/

No comments:

Post a Comment